Lenovo owned Motorola launched Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play in India exclusively on Amazon.in and Flipkart. Moto G6 is Priced at Rs. 13,999 for base 3GB RAM Variant. Also moto confirmed that both Moto G6, Moto G6 Play is available at offline and Moto hubs aswell. Today Let’s check out is it Moto G6 is value for money? or not!
I personally feel Moto G6 and Moto G6 Play is over priced! I fully doubt that both these smartphone can stand in competition!
Motorola Moto G6 Specifications
Display & Storage
Display Size: 5.7 Inch FullHD+ Display with Corning Gorilla Glass 3
Internal Storage: 32GB/64GB
Expandable Storage: 256GB
Rear Camera Hardware: 12MP+5MP Dual Rear Camera setup, f/1.8 aperture
Rear Camera features: Portrait Mode, Spot COlor, Face Filters, Panorama, Manual Mode, Text Scanner, object recognition, landmark recognition.
Front Camera Hardware: 16MP Selfie Camera
Front Camera features: Group Selfie Mode, Manual and Face Filters, Beauty Mode
Video Recording: Supports 1080P
Hardware and Software Features
Processor: 1.8Ghz Qualcomm Snapdragon 450
GPU: Adreno 506
OS: Android Oreo 8.0
Sensors: Fingerprint Sensor, G-sensor, Accelerometer, Light, Magnetometer, ultrasonic sensor.
WiFi: 802.11 a/b/g/n | 2.4GHz & 5GHz
Bluetooth: 4.2EDR & BLE
Battery: 3000mAh Capacity with Fast Charging support
Motorola Moto G6 Pros
- Moto G6 comes with 5.7 Inch FullHD+ Display with 21600×1080 pixels resolution along with Max Vision technology. The Phone is designed with 3D Glass back, which feels premium and stylish. The phone feels exactly same like Moto X4.
- Also both display and glass back is protected with corning gorilla glass 3, which is a good thing.
- It sports 12MP+5MP Dual Rear Camera with f/1.8 aperature and 16MP Selfie Camera. In Global version Moto G6 packs 8 megapixel lens but surprisingly Indian variant comes with 16MP Shooter.
- Moto G6 is powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Chipset clocks 1.8Ghz Speed. Graphics part is handled by Adreno 506 GPU.
- The smartphone comes in two variants, 3GB RAM and 32GB Internal Storage and another 4GB RAM and 64GB Internal Storage. User can also boost storage upto 256GB via dedicated MicroSD Slot.
- Moto G6 runs on Pure Android 8.0 Oreo OS with some bloatware. In recent times Motorola is not showing interest on giving updates to there old devices. Don’t expect monthly security updates or OS updates.
- It was backed with 3000mAH Battery capacity with Fast Charging support. The company provide TurboPower charge within the box. Moto Display and Moto Actions are pretty interesting to use.
- Fingerprint Scanner is embedded on front, It supports both 2Ghz and 5Ghz WiFi bands, and 4G VOLTE Support.
Motorola Moto G6 Cons
- No 4K Video Recording Support
- Slow Motion videos are not good
- Over Priced
Also there are other smartphones which you should look on:
Motorola Moto G6 FAQ
Question: Does the Moto G6 have dual SIM Slots?
Answer: Yes, it has dual SIM slots, with dedicated expandable storage slot max upto 256GB.
Question: What are the color options?
Answer: The device will be available in Indigo Black color option.
Question: Does the Moto G6 have the 3.5 mm headphone jack?
Answer: Yes, the device comes with a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Question: What all sensor does it have?
Answer: The Moto G6 comes with Fingerprint Sensor, G-sensor, Accelerometer, Light, Magnetometer, ultrasonic sensor.
Question: What are the dimensions?
Answer: 154.5 x 72.4 x 8.3 mm
Question: What is the SoC used in the Moto G6?
Answer: The Moto G6 Smartphone comes with an Qualcomm Snapdragon 450 Octa Core Soc which is clocked at 1.8GHz. Graphics part is handled by Adreno 506 GPU.
Question: How is the display of the Moto G6?
Answer: It comes with a 5.7 inch IPS LCD FullHD Display (with 1080×2160 pixels resolution).
Question: Does the Moto G6 support Adaptive Brightness?
Answer: Yes, it supports adaptive brightness.
Question: Which OS version, OS type runs on the phone?
Answer: The device runs on Android 8.0 Oreo Operating system.
Question: Does it have capacitive buttons or on-screen buttons?
Answer: The device comes with On-Screen touch buttons.
Question: Does it Moto G6 come with a fingerprint sensor?
Answer: Yes, it comes with a fingerprint sensor.
Question: Can we Play 4K Videos on Moto G6?
Answer: No, the device can only play videos up to full HD (1280 x 720 pixels ).
Question: Does it support USB OTG?
Answer: Yes, Moto G6 Supports USB OTG.
Question: Does Battery is good?
Answer: Yes, Moto G6 comes with 3000mAh Battery capacity, You can use handset sing charging with single charge. Also it supports Fast charging.
Question: Does it come with a Gyroscope sensor?
Answer: Yes, it does comes with a gyroscope sensor.
Question: Is it waterproof?
Answer: Yes, it a splash proof | Not waterproof.
Question: Does it have NFC?
Answer: Yes, the device supports NFC.
Question: How good is the camera quality of the Moto G6?
Answer: The device comes with 12+5 megapixel Primary Camera with f/1.8 apeature along with 16 MP Secondary camera with Flash.
Question: Does it have Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)?
Answer: No, the device does not come with OIS. But EIS (Electronic Image Stabilization) is there for 1080p.
Question: Can the Moto G6 be connected to a Bluetooth headset?
Answer: Yes, the device can be connected to a Bluetooth headset.
Question: Is Mobile Hotspot Internet Sharing supported?
Answer: Yes, you can create hotspot to share internet from this device.
Finally, I like that Moto G6 Indian variant comes with 16MP Selfie Shooter, Dual Rear Camera setup, USB Type-C, Fast Charging Support, Most important both front and back is protected with corning gorilla glass 3.
But Moto G6 Pricing is big issue here, At Below Rs. 15000 price tag We have unbeatable Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro, Asus Zenfone Max Pro M1 comes with better hardware.
Also Redmi Note 5 Pro had better camera, SD 636 Processor, and moreover 20MP Selfie Camera.