Xiaomi recently launched its Note series successor in Indian Market with upgraded specs. The company unveiled Redmi Note 5 and Redmi Note 5 Pro with aggressive price. As we know Redmi Note 4 is best selling smartphone in 2017. This time Xiaomi launched more powerful handset with upgraded camera, and it called as Redmi Note 5 Pro.
This was the first phone debut with Qualcomm new Snapdragon 636 Soc features custom Kyro CPU Cores as we seen in flagship chipsets. Redmi Note 5 Pro is latest budget killer sports 5.99 Inch FullHD+ Display, Snapdragon 636 Soc, 13MP+5MP Dual Camera, 20MP Front Camera, and 4000mAH Battery capacity.
Xiaomi latest budget offering Redmi Note 5 Pro 4G Smartphone hosting first flash sale on 22nd Feb 2018, 12 Noon exclusively Flipkart. On the Paper specs the device seems great, but is it worth to consider over standard Redmi Note 5. Let’s find out.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Specifications
Model Name: Redmi Note 5 Pro
SIM Type: Dual Sim.
Hybrid Sim Slot: No
Removable Battery: Yes
OTG Compatible: Yes
Battery Capacity: 4000mAh
Display Size: 5.99 inch.
Resolution: 2160 x 1080 Pixels
Resolution Type: FullHD+
Other Display Features: IPS Display
Operating System: Android Nougat 7.1.2
UI Skin: MIUI 9.0
Processor Company: Qualcomm
Processor Core: Snapdragon 636 Octa Core
Clock Speed: 1.8 GHz
Processor Architecture: 64-bit
RAM: 4/6 GB
Internal Storage: 64 GB
Expandable Storage: Yes
Memory Card Slot Type: Nano SIM and Nano SIM.
Sensors list: Fingerprint Scanner, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E Compass, Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope.
Primary Camera: 13+5 megapixel dual camera.
Secondary Camera: 20 megapixel
Video Recording: Yes
Network Type: 4G VOLTE, 4G, 3G
Supported Networks: 4G VoLTE, UMTS, GSM, 4G LTE, WCDMA
Internet Connectivity: 4G, 3G, Wi-Fi
Pre-installed Browsers: Android, Chrome.
Bluetooth Support: Yes
Bluetooth Version: 5.0
Wi-Fi Version: 802.11 b/g/n
USB Tethering: Yes
USB Connectivity: Yes
Map Support: Google Maps
GPS Support: Yes
FM Radio: Yes
Music Player: Yes
Audio Formats: AAC, AAC+, AAC+ Enhanced, OGG Vorbis, WAV, MP3, Midi
Video Formats: H.264, H.263, MPEG-4
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Pros
- Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 5.99 Inch FullHD+ Display Screen with 2160 x 1080 Pixels resolution. Thanks to 18:9 Aspect ratio for enhancing multimedia experience and display viewing angles are good.
- The best thing about display is it employs corning gorilla glass for display protection. But company didn’t revealed the version. Still we recommend to install tempered glass.
- The Biggest highlighting point on Redmi Note 5 Pro is its improved camera. The Phone sports with 13MP+5MP Dual Rear Camera setup with f/2.2 aperture, Dual LED Flash and large 1.25 microns Pixel Size for low light photography. Thanks to Electronic Image Stabilization for Video Recording stabilization.
- 20MP Front Camera with f/2.2 aperture, soft flash can snaps best selfies. Both Front Camera and selfie camera can record 1080p video max. Sadly there is no 4K Video Recording Support.
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro powered by Qualcomm Snapdragon 636 Octa Core Processor clocks 1.8GHz Speed. graphics is handled by Adreno 509 GPU. Yes, there is huge upgrade in performance and gaming on comparing SD 625 Chip. A Big thanks for Xaomi for bringing best chipset under budget segment.
- The smartphone comes with 6GB/4GB RAM and 64GB of Internal Storage. User can expand Storage upto 128GB Via MicroSD Slot.
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro runs on Android Nougat Operating System with MIUI 9.0 Skin on top. The company didn’t give any information about when it getting upgrading to Android 8.0.
- Company promised to give Face Unlock feature on March MIUI Update. Yes, Fingerprint Scanner is embedded on rear side as-usual fingerprint reader works fast and accurate.
- Both Rear and Front Cameras can support Bokeh Mode (Depth Mode).Background blurring is good even front camera sample images we shot. Even with Single Camera the company gains decent blurring with software algorithm.
- The Redmi Note 5 Pro houses 4,000mAh Battery capacity. It supports Fast Charging but company given 5V/2A normal charger in box.
- Sensors like: Fingerprint Scanner, Ambient Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E Compass, Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope supported.
- OTG compatible.
- IR Blaster Supported.
- Redmi Note 5 Pro Supports 4G VoLTE technology. You can make Voice Calls and Video Calls through LTE networks.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Cons
- Hybrid SIM Slot.
- Still Android Nougat OS.
- No USB Type-C port.
- No fast charger included on box.
- 4K Video recording not supported.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro FAQ
Question: Does the Redmi Note 5 Pro have dual SIM Slots?
Answer: Its a Hybrid SIM Slot, User can use SIM+SIM or SIM+MicroSD Card.
Question: Does the Redmi Note 5 Pro have microSD expansion option?
Answer: Yes, the device supports microSD expansion up to 128 GB .
Question: What are the color options?
Answer: The device will be available in Black and Gold color options.
Question: Does the Redmi Note 5 Pro have the 3.5 mm headphone jack?
Answer: Yes, the device comes with a 3.5 mm audio jack.
Question: What all sensor does it have?
Answer: The Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with Fingerprint Scanner, Light Sensor, Proximity Sensor, E Compass, Accelerometer, Hall Sensor, Gyroscope sensors.
Question: What are the dimensions?
Answer: 158.58 x 75.35 x 8.05 mm, 181g weight.
Question: What is the SoC used in the Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Answer: The Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro Smartphone comes with an Qualcomm Snapdragon Octa Core 636 Soc which is clocked at 1.8GHz.
Question: How is the display of the Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Answer: The Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with a 5.99 inch IPS FullHD+ IPS display with 18:9 aspect ratio. The display fantastic for multimedia experience. Enjoy watching videos and playing games on this display.
Question: Does the Redmi Note 5 Pro support Adaptive Brightness?
Answer: Yes, it supports adaptive brightness.
Question: Which OS version, OS type runs on the phone?
Answer: The device runs on Android 7.1.2 Nougat OS, MIUI 9.0 Skin on top.
Question: Does it have capacitive buttons or on-screen buttons?
Answer: The device comes with On-Screen touch buttons.
Question: Does it Redmi Note 5 Pro come with a fingerprint sensor?
Answer: Yes, it comes with a fingerprint sensor.
Question: Can we Play 4K Videos on Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Answer: No, the device can only play videos up to full HD resolution.
Question: Does it support USB OTG?
Answer: Yes, Redmi Note 5 Pro Supports USB OTG.
Question: Does Battery is good?
Answer: Yes, Redmi Note 5 Pro comes with 4000mAh Battery capacity, You can use handset 1.5 to 2 days with single charge.
Question: Does it come with a Gyroscope sensor?
Answer: No, it does not comes with a gyroscope sensor.
Question: Is it waterproof?
Answer: No, the device is not waterproof.
Question: Does it have NFC?
Answer: No, the device does not support NFC.
Question: How good is the camera quality of the Redmi Note 5 Pro?
Answer: The device comes with 13MP+5MP Primary Camera along with 20 MP Secondary camera with LED Flash. Camera stacks with Beauty 4.0 snaps good photos even at sunlight conditions.
Question: Does it have Optical Image Stabilization (OIS)?
Answer: No, the device does not come with OIS but EIS Supported.
Question: Can the Redmi Note 5 Pro be connected to a Bluetooth headset?
Answer: Yes, the device can be connected to a Bluetooth headset.
Question: Is Mobile Hotspot Internet Sharing supported?
Answer: Yes, you can create hotspot to share internet from this device.
Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 is best budget device under Rs. 20,000 as of now. The biggest reason to recommending Note 5 Pro is 18:9 Aspect ration Display, SD 636 Chipset, 20MP Selfie Camera, 13MP+5MP Dual Rear Camera, 4000mAh Battery Capacity and Face Unlock (In next Update).
If you looking for best value for money smartphone under 20k price segment then Xiaomi Redmi Note 5 Pro is only best option as of now. If you has questions and doubts regarding this smartphone write comment on below.